Our Youth believe in living out their faith via service, learning, and fellowship, including:
- Preparing dinner at a homeless shelter
- Singing Christmas carols at local nursing homes
- Attending the Michigan Youth Gathering conference (annually)
- Attending the ELCA National Youth Gathering (once every three years)
- Participating in Youth-led Worship Services
- Repairing homes at Work Camp
- and so much more!
Catechism instruction is given for 5th-8th graders while school is in session on Wednesday nights, September-May. A typical evening will consist of:
- Small Group: to create bonds with mentoring adults and nurture new skills or hobbies.
- Class: to nurture faith and foster understanding of the Bible, creeds, and Luther's Small Catechism.
- Games: to grow Christian friendships. Nothing builds bonds like having fun in Jesus's name!
Some nights, we spend the whole evening in a service project, either in the greater community or for our church. See the Youth Calendar for the most up-to-date details.
Youth Group -- for 9th-12th graders -- meets while school is in session on Wednesday nights, September-May. A typical meeting will consist of:
- Small Group: whether you're having a tough week or a great one, we listen to and encourage one another.
- Bible Study: to nurture faith and explore biblical truths in the context of everyday life.
- Games: our Youth Room is fully stocked with board games, pool table, foosball, and more!
On some days, we'll do community service instead, like visiting Sunrise Vernier or raking leaves for free. See the Youth Calendar for the most up-to-date details.
Renata's Office Hours
Renata Conger, your friendly neighborhood
Spider Man Education and Youth Coordinator, handles programming for just-born through college-age youth. She is in the office Sunday-Thursday each week. Her office is located right next to the sanctuary, and she would love to chat with you anytime! She is often in other parts of the building (or on trips with the youth) so it's best to contact her before you'd like to meet.
313-884-5040, ext. 13
On Sunday, 11/06/22, 13 youth and 3 adults ventured out into the community to rake leaves for free. Why? Because God's grace and love are free; our salvation through Jesus is free; and we are called to love our neighbors!